Application for Mod :)
Do you think I should be accepted?
Yes!
No..
I don't know yet.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Sep 17th 2015, 9:14 PM
Edited
Today, I will apply for being a moderator here at GHQ Smile

IGN: Karulean

How can we contact you: Skype

How active and how long are you on daily?: I can often get on everyday, depending what I have to do daily. My time zone is Central Time Zone.

Why do YOU think you should be staff?: With the amount of experience I have. I will make a great addition to the supervising staff within GHQ.. I will do everything in my power to help you all out. From any situation you may come across. I want to establish a trusted relationship. I will be the guy you can come to in times of stress within servers. I will be the guy there in the server protecting it, being active. I will also make sure others abide by the rules of GHQ. I am not doing this for my personal reasons, or just for the rank I would like to be this rank to make a change. A change to help those who are ignored perhaps or need assistance for those in need of help. A mod will deal with the protection of digital records of an organization. The peaceful surrounding within GHQ is imperative to GHQ's reputation.

Why are you applying for staff?: Like I said, I want to make a change to GHQ, and getting more people here. I want everyone to feel safe, not harassed.
***I am proposing
- More disciplined Mods / As in making sure the other moderators are doing what they are suppose to be doing, not fooling around.
- A performance increase within the GHQ. / Getting active members throughout the forum.
- Better mods to other members relations. / Getting members to like our staff.
- Better working environment. / No abusive staff.
- Active mods / Activity.

Past experience: Past Owner of SleedForums, Past Moderator of forgotten.io, Moderator of Zynx.

Timezone & Country: Central America, I live in the United States.

Any extra details?: Nope Smile

I hope I get accepted, thank you. Smile
10 comments
Sep 17th 2015, 9:25 PM
Edited
Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Onto the application.

I see this as a problem with most applicants, the fact that they have very few posts.

You have three.

Although your app is good, I think you need to explain more, like on these;

- More disciplined Mods
- A performance increase within the GHQ.
- Better mods to other players relations.
- Better working environment.
- Active mods

I don't know if you've been around enough to see these problems arise, but I haven't seen these problems.

Although I was chosen for more of a mod for the Minecraft server, I make sure to stay active on the forums. That means that I enjoy watching the posts, moderating if you will, and I have seen very few problems.

Please explain more in your post, and show your dedicated.

I can't accept or deny this application, because I'm not an admin, but good luck anyway!
Sep 17th 2015, 9:27 PM
Edited
Nice and detailed, just the way we like 'em.

Just a quick question, is this for the Minecraft server or the forum, or perhaps both? Because Server staff members are also staff members on the forum.

I'll have to discuss it with the other admins, especially since you're new, but you sound mature and like you'd be a dedicated staff member.

--

(Quick edit, just saw @Crypto's reply)

We've had a few run-ins with new people joining up and seeking a staff position. While I personally don't have any issue with people wanting to help out, other admins/mods might. Since you are in fact new here, it might be chosen as a majority vote that you start out as an assistant/helper for a period to prove that you are dedicated to the position.

Application status: pending
Sep 17th 2015, 9:45 PM
(Sep 17th 2015, 9:27 PM)Vendetta Wrote: Nice and detailed, just the way we like 'em.

Just a quick question, is this for the Minecraft server or the forum, or perhaps both? Because Server staff members are also staff members on the forum.

I'll have to discuss it with the other admins, especially since you're new, but you sound mature and like you'd be a dedicated staff member.

--

(Quick edit, just saw @Crypto's reply)

We've had a few run-ins with new people joining up and seeking a staff position. While I personally don't have any issue with people wanting to help out, other admins/mods might. Since you are in fact new here, it might be chosen as a majority vote that you start out as an assistant/helper for a period to prove that you are dedicated to the position.

Application status: pending
Forum Staff, and thank you. I will make sure to prove you guys that I will be active throughout the forum. Smile
Sep 17th 2015, 9:50 PM
(Sep 17th 2015, 9:25 PM)Cryptonion Wrote: Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Onto the application.

I see this as a problem with most applicants, the fact that they have very few posts.

You have three.

Although your app is good, I think you need to explain more, like on these;

- More disciplined Mods
- A performance increase within the GHQ.
- Better mods to other players relations.
- Better working environment.
- Active mods

I don't know if you've been around enough to see these problems arise, but I haven't seen these problems.

Although I was chosen for more of a mod for the Minecraft server, I make sure to stay active on the forums. That means that I enjoy watching the posts, moderating if you will, and I have seen very few problems.

Please explain more in your post, and show your dedicated.

I can't accept or deny this application, because I'm not an admin, but good luck anyway!
I have made your corrections you were suggesting, thank you. Smile
Sep 17th 2015, 9:55 PM
You have the strength for staff, but you'll need to contribute more.

Im just a member on this forum, I've been here since it started a while ago, but what I see is they like people who actually contribute and post on there actual forum. If they had 10,000 staff members but no posts, what will be the point, you get what Im saying?

Im not saying that you not posting as much will die ghq, but i've been and owned a lot of forums, and I know its really helps.

I don't think you'll get denied, though. Your detailed application rather than the undetailed ones (thelauntypvp) I think that you'll have a pending til' you contribute or post a bit more. I might ask Ajax (since hes incharge of all the staff here) if he should have a mininum post count.

Goodluck!
Sep 17th 2015, 9:57 PM
(Sep 17th 2015, 9:55 PM)Zubir Wrote: You have the strength for staff, but you'll need to contribute more.

Im just a member on this forum, I've been here since it started a while ago, but what I see is they like people who actually contribute and post on there actual forum. If they had 10,000 staff members but no posts, what will be the point, you get what Im saying?

Im not saying that you not posting as much will die ghq, but i've been and owned a lot of forums, and I know its really helps.

I don't think you'll get denied, though. Your detailed application rather than the undetailed ones (thelauntypvp) I think that you'll have a pending til' you contribute or post a bit more. I might ask Ajax (since hes incharge of all the staff here) if he should have a mininum post count.

Goodluck!
Thank you very much. Smile
Sep 17th 2015, 10:08 PM
Edited
(Sep 17th 2015, 9:14 PM)Karulean Wrote: Today, I will apply for being a moderator here at GHQ Smile

IGN: Karulean

How can we contact you: Skype

How active and how long are you on daily?: I can often get on everyday, depending what I have to do daily. My time zone is Central Time Zone.

Why do YOU think you should be staff?: With the amount of experience I have. I will make a great addition to the supervising staff within GHQ.. I will do everything in my power to help you all out. From any situation you may come across. I want to establish a trusted relationship. I will be the guy you can come to in times of stress within servers. I will be the guy there in the server protecting it, being active. I will also make sure others abide by the rules of GHQ. I am not doing this for my personal reasons, or just for the rank I would like to be this rank to make a change. A change to help those who are ignored perhaps or need assistance for those in need of help. A mod will deal with the protection of digital records of an organization. The peaceful surrounding within GHQ is imperative to GHQ's reputation.

Why are you applying for staff?: Like I said, I want to make a change to GHQ, and getting more people here. I want everyone to feel safe, not harassed.
***I am proposing
- More disciplined Mods / As in making sure the other moderators are doing what they are suppose to be doing, not fooling around.
- A performance increase within the GHQ. / Getting active members throughout the forum.
- Better mods to other members relations. / Getting members to like our staff.
- Better working environment. / No abusive staff.
- Active mods / Activity.

Past experience: Past Owner of SleedForums, Past Moderator of forgotten.io, Moderator of Zynx.

Timezone & Country: Central America, I live in the United States.

Any extra details?: Nope Smile

I hope I get accepted, thank you. Smile

From our recent applications, you'd excell them all. For sure. but you're pretty new and like what zubir said, you should contribute to the forum, you'll be helping us, and being a moderator, that is exactly what you want to be doing.

I want you to be staff, you'd be a good addition to the team, especially with our server coming out, its gonna attract a lot of new people. Which one of my staff members is really inactive.

If you can get and i'll see you helping a lot in the forum, i'll accept you no doubt, im going to pend this for now.

=======
Pending
=======
Sep 17th 2015, 10:12 PM
This is a very detailed application. Just like we want to see, as Vendetta mentioned. Cryptonion has made an extremely good point though. They way you express yourself through your application is vital. We want to see commitment and dedication through your application. Vendetta is also correct on newly joined members applying for a staff position. You'll have a better chance if you're noticed often around forums. But I agree if successfulI, you'll most likely start out as helper. I'm sure Ajax will consult the rest of the admin team before a final decision is made pending your application. But for the time being, Good Luck mate!
Sep 17th 2015, 10:24 PM
Well well, looks like this forum is coming along, new staff member.

Goodluck~
Sep 18th 2015, 7:59 AM
(Sep 17th 2015, 10:12 PM)RageMc Wrote: This is a very detailed application. Just like we want to see, as Vendetta mentioned. Cryptonion has made an extremely good point though. They way you express yourself through your application is vital. We want to see commitment and dedication through your application. Vendetta is also correct on newly joined members applying for a staff position. You'll have a better chance if you're noticed often around forums. But I agree if successfulI, you'll most likely start out as helper. I'm sure Ajax will consult the rest of the admin team before a final decision is made pending your application. But for the time being, Good Luck mate!
Thanks. Big smile
10 replies to this discussion
New to GamingHQ? Make an account
Already have an account? Sign in
GamingHQ © • Terms
Running MyBB