[Dev] GamingHQ Xilette
Nov 4th 2015, 4:01 PM
Edited
GamingHQ: Xilette
Xilette is our community's primary theme, built by our development team. It's structured to be responsive, meaning it'll look great on desktops and phones without the need for a mobile site. It's designed to be beautiful and easy to use, keeping interaction simple yet powerful.

Latest public release: none -- still in development stages
Latest development release: 5.0
Current stage: Alpha
Projected release date: early February 2017

View the latest update for Xilette

Previews

Index page
[Image: 4fff58da402ccca532b7d3562eedc437.png]

Forumdisplay
[Image: a291b242b4382516cd80285445bc5b22.png]

Moderation interface
https://gfycat.com/BlankWelltodoCoral
Note that this isn't finished, but wanted to post it anyway
108 comments
Nov 4th 2015, 6:59 PM
Edited
Nice. Pretty fair and balanced updates. Good luck on everything!
Nov 4th 2015, 7:03 PM
(Nov 4th 2015, 6:59 PM)JoaoPauloC100 Wrote: Nice. Pretty fair and balanced updates. Good luck on everything!

We try our best.
Nov 4th 2015, 9:22 PM
The new design trend will be throwing out borders.

With our current design, borders add a lot of extra "clutter". I never could put my finger on it, but Ajax hit it right on the head. Will post pictures of the new style soon.
Nov 5th 2015, 5:01 PM
It sounds good,
Hopefully it all goes well and makes it easier for everyone to find posts they would like to find etc
Nov 5th 2015, 9:35 PM
Seems great, good luck on all this. Smile
Nov 5th 2015, 9:44 PM
Edited
A quick update,

- Forumdisplay page recoded, it's like a completely new page (different HTML-wise, visually its very similar).

- All pages will be responsive unless otherwise stated. Important pages will have a toggle between fixed and fluid widths (ModCP, account options, registration page, etc).

To put a release date on it would be the wrong move. I'd rather put a to-do list and a general direction of where we're going.

Here's a rough one:

Rebuild pages > review design > add new features > re-review design > "beta" test > based on feedback, re-review design a final time > release.

[EDIT]

Quick screenshot of the new forumdisplay page with it's new toolbar

[spoiler]
Menu in it's normal state
[Image: FLDtYIZ.png]

Menu toggled
[Image: nWGTmUy.png]

Note that this isn't the final design, but close to it. The grey boxes next to the avatar is the checkbox for modding.
Oh, and don't mind the red alert icon, it's just an alert for the dev theme saying (on hover) to expect to find bugs, etc etc.
[/spoiler]
Nov 5th 2015, 9:51 PM
You can start advertising this forum on ForumPromotions.
Nov 7th 2015, 6:23 AM
So uh, I might have broken notifications.

I'll work on fixing it tomorrow. For now, there aren't any.
Nov 9th 2015, 12:18 AM
All seems like a great plan, I like the new text editor idea
Nov 16th 2015, 2:45 PM
Profile comments and friendlist disabled due to compatibility issues with notifications

Mentions added with support with notifications
Nov 16th 2015, 11:47 PM
wow, u got your work cut out for you, good luck...you will probably need it Smile
Nov 17th 2015, 12:38 AM
Its a pretty big task but it'll be worth it in the end

Also, here's a screenshot of the new account menu and the style of the new postbit:

[Image: UKNmkpa.png]
Nov 19th 2015, 3:48 PM
Edited
When viewing on a small screen (<1024px) or a mobile device, the post style will change to
[Image: zEcHQvj.png]
I went for a minimalistic design, removing group box, awards, stats, and title. It's all displayed normally on the full post design. This will help keep things looking clean on mobile since it displays a lot less stuff.

The reason it isn't two sections next to eachother is that the profile picture gets really squeezed down and it just looks really messy.
I can add stats back if you guys want, right under the name maybe.
Nov 19th 2015, 9:25 PM
Index page improved for mobile
When the screen is resized to 1024px or lower (mobile / tablet, same as above),
[Image: fYDkcgM.png]
- Section icon disappears
- Section post count disappears
- Recent posts changes to a block underneath the description and subsections, with a button to visit the last post
Nov 20th 2015, 3:40 AM
Edited
Quick update of what was changed today,

- Toolbars using a unified style to add a seamless look across the site
- Quickreply changed with new checkbox designs (pictures soonTM)
- Rebuilt index page for mobile support
- Added mobile support to postbit
- Added mobile support to quickreply

-- New projects added to list
- Adding debug panel to account manager with various tools
- New custom editor theme

-- Known issues
- Notifications for received likes not being sent (no ETA)
- Various overflow issues disturbing the design (will be fixed soon)
- Close option for threads not working (will require further investigation, no ETA)
- Searches from the new search box displaying errors (@ajax and @Vendetta are looking at this)
- Issues with width on certain resolutions (CSS issues, will be fixed soon)

Just in case there was any confusion, these edits are not being done on the live theme, it's a development theme that, for right now, only admins have access to.
If you find any errors on the live theme, please report them in the Issue reporting section. Chances are, any issues found on the live theme will get a very small fix (if they're fixed at all) until the xero theme is released.
Nov 20th 2015, 5:16 PM
Edited
Why have you copied my site...
Nov 20th 2015, 5:50 PM
@Allenafaith

The v3 theme is completely custom code written by Ajax, Vendetta, and myself.
Nov 20th 2015, 5:58 PM
Edited
(Nov 20th 2015, 5:16 PM)Allenafaith Wrote: --

lol dumb bitch
Nov 20th 2015, 6:06 PM
Edited
No, im pretty sure i made my site before youse..
Nov 20th 2015, 6:23 PM
Edited
My previous comment still stands.

All code in the xero theme is custom. Whether or not it shares similarities with other websites is open for debate, but I can assure you that nothing was "stolen" from your website or any other website.
Nov 20th 2015, 6:34 PM
Edited
Haha yeah right ya tosser, I know im in the right ya cunt
Nov 20th 2015, 7:40 PM
@Allenafaith Stop. Nobody stole anything from your website, so stop trying to frame people here.
Nov 20th 2015, 7:45 PM
Edited
Just look at them, they look exactly the same with the same features, you faggot.
Nov 20th 2015, 7:48 PM
Good for you. Give us a link to your site so we can see this "stolen content".

And for the record, it's DMCA...
Nov 20th 2015, 7:59 PM
Edited
Post removed. Inciting unrest and violation of Terms of Service (Sections 1a and 1b)
Nov 20th 2015, 8:16 PM
Edited
gaminghq.net registration date: Creation Date: 2014-12-26T00:58:00.00Z
chattrbuzz.com registration date: Creation Date: 2015-09-03T04:43:00.00Z

Your theme looks nothing like xilette, please see yourself out. Also, your theme is on a lot of other websites because it's a premade theme.
Nov 20th 2015, 8:59 PM
Edited
Post removed. Inciting unrest and violation of Terms of Service (Sections 1a and 1b)
Nov 20th 2015, 9:01 PM
Nobody is talking shit about your theme. Theres plenty of subject material though.
Nov 20th 2015, 9:43 PM
Edited
(Nov 20th 2015, 8:59 PM)Allenafaith Wrote: --

You modified it? never knew you could upgrade a piece of shit.
Nov 20th 2015, 9:46 PM
Edited
She's going to get triggered now and start shitposti- oh wait, that's what she's done all along.

Your site has fucking terrible markup and cancerous colors. I'd rather spend my time on a site with a bootstrap theme.
Nov 20th 2015, 9:52 PM
Explains that your previous forums you've been associated with straight up copied us, I would expect you'd get more members Smile
Nov 20th 2015, 10:12 PM
lol this escalated quickly, no point on arguing with someone who thinks their right no matter what
Nov 20th 2015, 10:13 PM
(Nov 20th 2015, 10:12 PM)newbyclive Wrote: lol this escalated quickly, no point on arguing with someone who thinks their right no matter what

Its funny really, gives the forum a bit of tension.
Nov 20th 2015, 10:13 PM
Edited
This thread is fucking entertaining. Please never delete this. If there's a thread hall of fame, this needs to be in it.
108 replies to this discussion
Page 1
New to GamingHQ? Make an account
Already have an account? Sign in
GamingHQ © • Terms
Running MyBB